Jackleg Thinktank

Sunday, January 27, 2008

DINO Lunsford

I just sent the following to Steve Beshear in an email:
DINO (Democrat in Name Only) is a well-earned label when it comes to Bruce Lunsford. Surely you have not forgotten that Lunsford ran a dirty campaign of character assassination against DEMOCRAT Ben Chandler in the Democratic primary four years ago. I haven't! Surely you have not forgotten that when Chandler responded by telling the truth about Lunsford's Vencor sleight of hand, Lunsford dropped out in a snit and supported Ernie Fletcher in the general election. I haven't! Perhaps you have forgotten his record of contributing generously to Republicans. I haven't! Maybe you think Democrats will forget by the next election you encouraging him to run against a genuine democrat, Andrew Horne, for the U. S. Senate. I won't! . . . And my friends won't.

Maybe you should forget Lunsford! Why would you support a cutthroat millionaire DINO against an Iraq War veteran? Expediency? Lunsford is not expedient. He hasn't beaten anyone. I'm sure Mitch McConnell would love to run against Lunsford. Is Mitch a friend of yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home